Feeble BMX FEEBLEBMX.COM Logo

Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome!
Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! BMX NewsBMX ForumBMX PhotosBC SkateparksBMX Videos
TAG WALL +-
STATUS +-
SESSIONATOR +-
NEWS +-
FORUM +-
PHOTOS +-
BCPARKS +-
BROKENVCR +-
LINKS +-
FBMX BMX Forum
Try not to be an asshole.
Home | User list | Rules | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
FBMX BMX Forum / Part Reviews / G-Sport Plegs Moderated by mattesque  
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
Hyperminilie
( o<)_| / (\o )

Well to start off i want to say that i had huge hopes for this product. I have been waiting almost a year since i heard they were coming out and then finally 3Ride got them in, so i bought them on the first day off the shelf. When i first got them they looked good. The pleg is wider and shorter then my demolition pegs i had before. The first thing noticed was that they were super light. both pegs and inserts weighted as much as one of my light demo pegs. So i put them on and realized that the peg is too big for my ID fork dropout. But i just tightened it down good and it was ok (remember they're plastic). So to test them out of went down to Coopers park and rode those ledges and all i gotta say it THESE THING GRIND SUPER FAST!

I was doing longer feebles and smiths then i ever did with steel pegs. Kinda weird though. They make next to no noise, no more loud metal bang. Another cool thing is that you can now literally smith grind any ledge, no matter how rough it is. I wanted to see what i could grind, so i took them to the brick ledges  at the bottom of Burrard St. That day was the first time i have ever smith those ledges and it didn't feel sketchy at all.. just powered though it.. awsome! The feel really solid too, no sketchy flex or anything(even after super grindage. I think it's because of the insert (witch is basically a SuperstarBMX Micropeg).

Now for the bad. These things wear down SUPER fast! You could easily grind through them in one session if rough grinds. So you better have a socket wrench handy on your ride.. you going to need it for sure. To make a long story short i would suggest these pegs to anyone. They are perfect for the front. Make smiths so much easier, but as for the back, they grind down super fast. I'd buy them again, but not to sure about the back peg, might swtich back to steel. I'll give them an 8 out of 10 overall..

Apr. 17, 2008 8:11 PM

j
Administrator

I've smithed those ledges before and it feels like you're going to get caught up on those bricks.

I have a pair of these in my parts pile. Don't expect them to last too long but I figure if I stay off ledges that I wouldn't do on steel pegs they will be fine.

Apr. 17, 2008 8:25 PM

j
Administrator

And I look forward to plegging all the granite ledges at the skate plaza.

Apr. 17, 2008 8:25 PM

dotca

Sweet review!

Apr. 17, 2008 8:38 PM
Website  
dmr_djer

great review. i've tried them out as well and im not really feeling them. but its still a great idea for some tricky ledges or wooden parks.

Apr. 17, 2008 9:41 PM

nvanrider
LARGE member

That was a very good review.
I have heard they wear down quickly if you try to, but they seem perfect for my park riding ass... now i only need money.

Apr. 17, 2008 10:34 PM

tron
lost my member

I tried the old canuck plastic pegs, (J did too if i rememeber correctly) they slid great, but snapped off pretty quick. the gsport insert seems like it re-inforces that stressed area fairly well. if i ever put pegs back on, i'll try these.

Apr. 18, 2008 8:35 AM

j
Administrator

Yeah I had those Canuck plastic pegs. They were pretty cool, ground really fast.

The problem was that as soon as I got them all I did was grind harsh dry ledges until I ground right through the back one and ripped it right off my bike.

With Plegs I'll try to stick to granite and waxed stuff.

Apr. 18, 2008 8:56 AM

j
Administrator

Or i'll just pick up a few extra sleeves.

Apr. 18, 2008 8:58 AM

Fever

I don't really like them to be honest. I haven't gone out and done grinds on everything I could find, but just treated them like I did my old pegs. They slide differently that steel pegs, faster for the most part, but they're not as solid feeling. I have a hard time feeling like i've locked on to what ever i'm grinding so that I can hop over/up or into another grind.

They're nice for the weight savings and i'm sure if I was all in for grinding everything I could find I've love them, but after this set, i'll probably just keep them in the front. As a back peg i don't like it.

Rotate them after every ride.

I've had mine longer and they're not nearly as flattened.

Apr. 18, 2008 9:37 AM

Aussie Battler
static fool

are they slippery for things like icepick grinds or stalls? is it a pedictable grind or are they slippery as hell?

Apr. 19, 2008 12:17 AM

Hyperminilie
( o<)_| / (\o )

Aussie Battler wrote:

are they slippery for things like icepick grinds or stalls? is it a pedictable grind or are they slippery as hell?

No, they're quite predictable actually. i did my first ice pick grind with these pegs actually so i think you'll like them. When they are brand new they are just as strong as a steel peg. but i would hold off on the ice pick stalls when they get to the point that my back peg is in, in the the pictures.

Apr. 19, 2008 10:20 AM

Fever

Icepick stalls are a bit annoying with them, they slip around a lot.

Apr. 19, 2008 10:33 AM

Aussie Battler
static fool

i was wondering about that. thought they might be a bit weird for stall combo tricks like ice over on spine's. sounds like they would be the goods for street though!!

Apr. 20, 2008 1:27 AM

integritybmx

skatepark/minni/light street use.

Apr. 22, 2008 12:55 PM

anthonybmxer

I snaped both of myn in about 3-4weeks and im only 90 pounds

Sep. 24, 2008 9:25 PM

OOTEN

I was psyched on these b4 they came out got them as soon as possible.  Really happy about the noticeable weight difference.  Great at the time because my only local park had just banned metal pegs.  Rode them for a while mostly park through the winter.  They slide horrible on coping and most rails.  Slower than cromo for sure.  They are not on my bike any more but I will keep them around in case I have to have them to ride a park with no metal peg rules.  My park shut down so I dont need them to ride there anymore.  Deffinately not up to the hype of sliding everything faster and all that jazz.

Oct. 16, 2008 6:32 PM

Aarong

i bought one and i am go ing to buy a metal peg for the back

Oct. 16, 2008 9:41 PM

j
Administrator

I'm still running mine. Harder to lock in on cement ledges than metal pegs. Slide faster on cement but are slower on rails...

Smiths on leges are really nice on Plegs though. Best of both worlds would be Pleg on the front and metal on the back.

Oct. 16, 2008 11:53 PM

Aarong

thats what im doin

Oct. 17, 2008 7:20 AM

Pages:  1 2    
Jump to