Feeble BMX FEEBLEBMX.COM Logo

Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome!
Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! BMX NewsBMX ForumBMX PhotosBC SkateparksBMX Videos
TAG WALL +-
STATUS +-
SESSIONATOR +-
NEWS +-
FORUM +-
PHOTOS +-
BCPARKS +-
BROKENVCR +-
LINKS +-
FBMX BMX Forum
Try not to be an asshole.
Home | User list | Rules | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
FBMX BMX Forum / Part Reviews / Tree Light Spline Sprocket Moderated by mattesque  
Author
Message Pages: 1
notanasshole

John, you might know bout this, how does it work?  etc. How do you mount it etc?  Is it any good

Feb. 23, 2009 2:11 AM

i ride bike
Don Mega

instead of having a sproket bolt on your cranks, the splines on the spindle that the arms go on hold the sproket in place.

ive heard a few good comments on theres spline sproket.
dunno if that made sence sorry

Feb. 23, 2009 6:55 PM
j
Administrator

Only works on 19mm / 48 spline crank spindles. Like Profiles, Redline Device, Old Ody cranks and some FSA and Premium cranks etc.

A steel insert presses into the sprocket that is also splined. This allows the sprocket to slide over the splines on the crank spindle eliminating the need for a sprocket bolt.

This gets rid of one bolt, don't know if you've ever had problems with your sprocket bolt coming loose but this solves it.

This also solves the problem of having one tight spot in your chain due to your sprocket getting torqued over by the bolt pulling it into the crank arm.

The problems it solves weren't major ones for me but it's nice to simplify things and the spline drive sprocket feels really really solid when you pedal hard.

Plus Tree sprockets are simply the best anyway. Whether you go for spline drive or regular bolt on they are all really good sprockets.

http://www.treebicycleco.com/

Another really nice part they make is replacement fork top caps. I've had these on all my forks just because they look better and they aren't soft aluminum like stock Ody and Sunday caps. Not a big deal but it's nice not to worry about stuff stripping out when you go ape on it. Also the hole is broached for both 6mm and 1/4" keys so no matter what stem you run the same wrench will fit the fork cap as well.

For sure something to replace after everything else is dialled. The bar ends are similar and look equally good.

Feb. 23, 2009 7:54 PM

dotca

I love tree, and my tree sprocket. Though my sprocket is not a spline drive one, it's still real good.

Feb. 23, 2009 11:08 PM
Website  
notanasshole

thanks a bunch guys, oh and hey J, what color was the headset on your old bike?  thie one I saw was/looked gold.

Feb. 24, 2009 10:35 PM

Flash

Wasn't it this bike?

http://feeblebmx.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=17839

Feb. 25, 2009 3:57 PM

j
Administrator

Yup. That was it except with more black paint on the front of the bike.

Feb. 25, 2009 6:20 PM

OGRE

Thanks for the wicked review on the sprocket

Jun. 26, 2009 7:41 PM

Brynladen

best chain wheel i ever ran.

Jul. 19, 2009 10:09 AM

Pages: 1    
Jump to