Feeble BMX FEEBLEBMX.COM Logo

Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome!
Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! BMX NewsBMX ForumBMX PhotosBC SkateparksBMX Videos
TAG WALL +-
STATUS +-
SESSIONATOR +-
NEWS +-
FORUM +-
PHOTOS +-
BCPARKS +-
BROKENVCR +-
LINKS +-
FBMX BMX Forum
Try not to be an asshole.
Home | User list | Rules | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
FBMX BMX Forum / Tech Help / Bent front axle Moderated by mattesque  
Author
Message Pages: 1
notanasshole

Okay,  so I bent my front axle ever so slightly.  How can I be sure that I haven't done any damage to the hub and just replace the axle?  It looks okay but so does the axle.

Mar. 30, 2009 12:24 PM

Flash

If its not bent alot just take it out and hammer it good man. If your peg was almost vertical look for stressing or pits from your bearings, if nothing obvious stands out you should be good to go I'd think to just replace the thing.

Mar. 30, 2009 10:52 PM

notanasshole

Yeah thanks a lot bud.  I did all that but I there just seems to be too much play.  When it seemed all good there was this creaking that just went away after I rode for a bit.

Mar. 31, 2009 12:23 AM

Flash

good, my bike creaked real bad once for like a week, then it went away.... I liked that as well. It still fine.

Mar. 31, 2009 7:46 PM

notanasshole

Yeah, it was bent, I just replaced it.

Apr. 01, 2009 4:26 AM

titan
sometimes i do tricks,sometimes tricks do me.

i hope you used a lite coating of grease on stuff to keep it from getting seized and to keep every thing nice and smooth.

Apr. 01, 2009 9:35 PM
notanasshole

Yes, it was packed nice.  Their appears to be no damage to the hub race and the bend was ever so slight.  Thanks for the input.  How's the new ramps!

Apr. 01, 2009 11:10 PM

titan
sometimes i do tricks,sometimes tricks do me.

have not built any yet.tryin to figure the best way to hide them from the city dudes.lol

Apr. 02, 2009 5:45 PM
2_2
My reality Check just bounced

city gets pissed off at ramps in your yard?

Apr. 02, 2009 8:55 PM
notanasshole

Check into your city bylaws.  There are certain restrictions on dimensions, etc. for "children's" play structure.  I'll look into it and see what I can dig up.

Apr. 02, 2009 10:35 PM

Pages: 1    
Jump to