Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome!
Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! BMX NewsBMX ForumBMX PhotosBC SkateparksBMX Videos
Try not to be an asshole.
Home | User list | Rules | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
FBMX BMX Forum / Part Reviews / Twisted Plastic Pedals Moderated by mattesque  
Message Pages: 1

Im looking for some new pedals in a bit (the bearings are going in my sealed jc) and i was wondering how are the twisted plastic pedals? I know they are lighter,cheaper and more shin friendly than metal pedals but i need to know about strength and durability. I am not a light guy (185-195 depending on the day haha) and i have broke magnesium pedals before so going to plastic makes me worry but i dont do pedal grinds at all. So for the weight, cheapness and pro-shin agenda are these trendy pedals worth it?

Nov. 09, 2007 12:31 PM
Newd Member

even if you don't pedal grind, a set of plastic pedals will last about 3 months, depending on how hard you are on em.

A man with hands down pants can feel cocky all day
                                         ~ancient chinese proverb

Nov. 09, 2007 9:43 PM
lost my member

it's not the outside of the pedals you need to worry about as much as the inner bearing races. they are also plastic, and therefore really soft. The races will pit really fast and create a "notchy" feel, or they will get a lot of slop.

For the same price you could replace your sealed bearings. Pull out the bearing, get the code off the side, and call BC bearings. They can get anything there. they're over by lougheed and gilmore. pm me if you need more info.

PS- thats wut i would do but i'm picky, and hate bearing slop on any or my parts.

you can bomb the world to pieces; but you can't bomb it in to peace. - Micheal Franti & spearhead

Nov. 10, 2007 10:09 AM
Aussie Battler
static fool

some of the local yokels have these things. apparently if you touch anything with the pedal the pins just disappear

arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics. even if you win, your still retarded.

Nov. 12, 2007 12:00 AM
Nothin' but Park Rider

Honestly, why stress breaking pedals and wearing them down. The weight difference is minescule. Theres no way that much weight difference is going to affect your riding. Worried about your shins, wear shin pads ! A plasic pedal in the shin is still going to hurt. Do what tron said, new bearings and youd be good.

Nov. 12, 2007 11:54 AM

i ride em. and i love them. best feeling pedal i've ever ridden. very very grippy, even ridden wet muddy trails and they still grip great. i'd suggest them to anyone who wants something cheap and light. i know people that have had the same pair for well over a year.

ultimately a good metal pedal is probably best, but if you arent hardcore street the plastic holds up great.

Nov. 12, 2007 12:07 PM
I like to ride my bike.

I ride aluminum pedals just for strength, weight isn't a big factor for me. Plastics are a good idea if you get a lot of shinners.

Aug. 28, 2008 3:36 AM

I rode someone's bike with these pedals and they aren't grippy at all. Probably depends on what shoes you have on. The "pins" are super fat so maybe with Vans they'd be ok.

FEEBLE*BMX Vimeo Channel

Aug. 28, 2008 10:08 AM

there the best pedals less scary to try whips and feel better to land on
and you dont get cuts every time you ride and for 15 20 dollars you could buy two sets for the price of some other pedals
if your worried about breaking them

Aug. 28, 2008 10:53 AM

That's true. They are cheap so I'd try them out. If you don't like them they're probably really easy to sell.

FEEBLE*BMX Vimeo Channel

Aug. 28, 2008 10:57 AM
Style with ease

I ride 'em and love em.  easier on shoes and shins.  they feel really good too.  clear looks so weird/cool.

Aug. 28, 2008 11:48 AM

main advatage is they dont rip up for shins as much as metal. 2.

Dec. 14, 2008 1:51 PM

Bought a pair.  20 mins of riding doing some bunny hops, whatever, getting the feel of the pedals.  From flicking my foot on lil no footers one of the teeth disappeared.  Other than that, I love em, they are really grippy.  Just don't want to lose all the teeth.

Mar. 05, 2009 8:59 PM
oddy whore

dont pedal grind with them and youll get what you pay for. a great and surprisingly grippy pedal but dont have an incredibly long life span. good for a season.

Apr. 08, 2009 2:36 PM

Ugg Eyeglasses. ugg sale kids  Regardless of whether you happen to be on the vintage Dior eyewear or maybe the most up-to-date style, ugg classic short boots  it can cause you to truly feel that you simply belong to your wealthy and well known ugg boots . Observing a celeb amiably strolling all over on their Ugg eyeglasses, you ll be awed by their inexplicably magnifying attractiveness ugg boots for sale . Some will just imagine that their inherent great appears to be like are driving their attract, juniors party dresses  but when you image them with out Dior eyewear ugg ultra short boots , you ll discover them seeking like an individual you simply achieved in the shopping mall ugg classic tall boots . That s what Ugg eyeglasses can perform to suit your needs ultra short ugg , generating your frequent characteristics appear to be amazing. About the a long time, Ugg provides a

Sep. 13, 2012 10:31 AM

utilized to be a superb procedure sufficient to really make it very jewellery desk. Show up at night pursuits, no matter if formal or Huagui Li with exquisite outfits, fun cocktail dresses fun cocktail dresses  blooming marine universe are superb jewellery desk and mature allure. Omega Seamaster Railmaster Chronometer 2804 plus size prom dress . fifty two. 37 Omega Seamaster Railmaster Chronometer Metal on leather-based strap 2804. fifty two. 37 Crystal Domed scratchresistant sapphire crystal Situation Metal Dial … $89 off shoulder evening dresses off shoulder evening dresses  toddler girl party dresses toddler girl party dresses . 00 … much more information Omega Seamaster World Ocean Chronometer Gents Look at During the new advert George wearing denims as well as a simple white shirt by having an open up collar. On his wrist would be the OMEGA Seamaster World Ocean CoAxial in… $89. beach dresses beach dresses 00 A $71 lace wedding dresses lace wedding dresses  plus size one-shoulder cocktail dresses plus size one-shoulder cocktail dresses . 00 Conserve:A 20% off … far more

Sep. 20, 2012 5:15 PM
Pages: 1    
Jump to